About PixelsA multi-disciplinary blog from the University of Illinois Library with announcements and technical tips on finding, creating, and using visual resources in teaching, learning, and research.
- Always check the rights and permissions statement if you wish to use media from any of the highlighted collections.
- Image group download in ARTstor
- New collections available in ARTstor
- “Can I use this?” and Other Questions about Digital Image Access
- Welcome Home, Illini / the Noun Project
- Digital Public Library of America (DPLA) Launches Today
- Paris 3D: An Exraordinary Interactive Journey through Time
- ARTstor & Java Update
- “Arts Organizations and Digital Technologies” A report by the Pew Internet and American Life Project
- Your Paintings: Putting the UK’s entire national collection of over 200,000 oil paintings online
- Images from the History of Medicine
Monthly Archives: August 2010
The Benjamin A. and Julia M. Trustman Collection of Honoré Daumier Lithographs at Brandeis University has made available nearly the entire oeuvre of Daumier in the lithographic medium, making the Trustman Collection a unique resource for the study of Daumier’s … Continue reading
British Printed Images to 1700 is a fully searchable library of several thousand printed images. Copies and variations of the same print are brought together within a single record. You can search prints by creator, by name of person depicted, … Continue reading
Click below for an excellent tutorial on copyright and image management from Georgia Harper, Office of General Counsel at the University of Texas. This is a component of the excellent website Crash Course in Copyright.