Wellcome Images is a rich and unique collection of digital images drawn from the biomedial and social history collections of the Library of the Wellcome Trust in London, England. In addition to over 40,000 images from clinical and biomedical sciences, the collection also contains historical images, Tibetan Buddhist paintings, Ancient Sanskrit manuscripts, and illustrated Persian books. Images on this site are freely available for download for personal, academic teaching or study use, under one of two Creative Commons licenses.
About PixelsA multi-disciplinary blog from the University of Illinois Library with announcements and technical tips on finding, creating, and using visual resources in teaching, learning, and research.
- Always check the rights and permissions statement if you wish to use media from any of the highlighted collections.
- Banishing Dissention
- On stock photography
- Fair Use Anxiety
- Wellcome Images Releases Over 100,000 Historical Images Online With CC-BY License
- The British Library releases over one million public domain images to Flickr
- Google Open Gallery and Web Publishing
- Image group download in ARTstor
- New collections available in ARTstor
- “Can I use this?” and Other Questions about Digital Image Access
- Welcome Home, Illini / the Noun Project