About PixelsA multi-disciplinary blog from the University of Illinois Library with announcements and technical tips on finding, creating, and using visual resources in teaching, learning, and research.
- Always check the rights and permissions statement if you wish to use media from any of the highlighted collections.
- Summer Educational Institute for Visual Resources (SEI): June 10-13th at UIUC!
- Banishing Dissention
- On stock photography
- Fair Use Anxiety
- Wellcome Images Releases Over 100,000 Historical Images Online With CC-BY License
- The British Library releases over one million public domain images to Flickr
- Google Open Gallery and Web Publishing
- Image group download in ARTstor
- New collections available in ARTstor
- “Can I use this?” and Other Questions about Digital Image Access
Category Archives: Medicine
Images from the History of Medicine (IHM) provides access to nearly 70,000 images in the collections of the History of Medicine Division (HMD) of the U.S National Library of Medicine (NLM). The collection includes portraits, photographs, caricatures, genre scenes, posters, … Continue reading