About PixelsA multi-disciplinary blog from the University of Illinois Library with announcements and technical tips on finding, creating, and using visual resources in teaching, learning, and research.
- Always check the rights and permissions statement if you wish to use media from any of the highlighted collections.
- Summer Educational Institute for Visual Resources (SEI): June 10-13th at UIUC!
- Banishing Dissention
- On stock photography
- Fair Use Anxiety
- Wellcome Images Releases Over 100,000 Historical Images Online With CC-BY License
- The British Library releases over one million public domain images to Flickr
- Google Open Gallery and Web Publishing
- Image group download in ARTstor
- New collections available in ARTstor
- “Can I use this?” and Other Questions about Digital Image Access
Tag Archives: tools
EasySearch, from the University of Illinois Library, is a component of Search Assistant, a resource discovery path for users which allows for searching across multiple electronic resources in a subject area. The Library recently added an image search function by … Continue reading
The University of Illinois Library and the College of Fine and Applied Arts have partnered with ARTstor, the Society of Architectural Historians and seven other colleges and universities on a new initiative called “Shared Shelf” to support the use of … Continue reading